Kadal Kadannu Oru Mathukutty released for the Ramzan season amid huge expectations. Coming from a director like Renjith, and with Mammootty in the lead, people’s expectations from the film were sky high. But the disappointment was visible on faces of people coming out of theaters.
Though the movie begins promisingly capturing German locales, it becomes sluggish mid-way on Kerala roads and ends expectedly in a German home.
Mammootty, Muthumani, Balachandra Menon, Nedumudi Venu, Meera Nandan, and Sekhar Menon
- Mammootty as Mathukutty excels in another down-to-earth role
- A satire on Keralites’ mindset on exploiting people for monetary benefits
- Mohanlal and Dileep’s screen presence in short cameos
- Cinematography by Madhu Neelakantan
- Witty dialogues
- Average script gone topsy-turvy
- Nothing to please Mammootty’s hardcore fans
- Lagging at places
- Unwanted song towards the climax tests the audience’s patience
- Poor editing and background score add to the film’s woes